Top 7 Best Versace Cologne for Men Reviews
Versace was born in Italy in December of 1946. He started as an apprentice at his mother’s business as a dressmaker and then started working for himself as a freelance designer. When he was 25 he started creating collections for some of the top fashion houses including Callaghan, Complice, and Genny.
Along with his brother, he founded the Gianne Versace company in 1978. He debut his first women’s collection in Milan the same year. This first debut was a major success and Gianne Versace spent the next many years designing clothing for both men and women. Versace also spent many years designing costumes for several different theatre groups. He has won several awards throughout the years for his designs.
The company started selling perfume for women and colognes for men as well. Versace men’s cologne comes in many different scents, all of which are manly and sophisticated. The colognes offer hints of citrus, floral, and wood. Most men will find that there is a Versace man’s cologne available that will suit your needs. Most of the colognes from Versace are fairly reasonably priced, making them suitable for every type of budget. Here are some of the Versace scents currently available.[hr]
1. Versace Man Eau Fraiche
This Versace fragrance comes with an aquatic touch which offers instant freshness and makes you feel confident. The zesty essence reminds you of summer and sunshine, and the woodsy note adds to elegance with subtlety. People, who suit the compliment of being ‘cool’, would really love this smell. It is perfect to wear at a beach, and have some bikini bodies lurking around! VERSACE MAN EAU FRAICHE is the most popular products among all top colognes of Versace, and has an acceptable amount of longevity and sillage.
- Top notes: lemon, rose, rosewood, bergamot.
- Middle notes: cedar, pepper, sage, tarragon.
- Base notes: amber, musk, saffron, woodsy notes.
- Season: Summer.
2. Versace Pour Homme
If you are currently looking for a perfume for casual wear, you could opt for this. It comes with a clean and sweet fragrance and smells summery. Spraying this fragrance will give you the right amount of enthusiasm you need for a long day at work. It happens to have a generic touch, like the day wear colognes women love. Versace Pour Homme is on the softer side, which is why you’d probably have to add a couple of more sprays than usual. However, the notes blend in some of the finest and uncommon aromas, which result into a pick you’d want to possess for regular wear.
- Top notes: neroli, bergamot, bitter orange leaves, citron of diamante.
- Middle notes: geranium, cedarwood, clary sage, blue hyacinth.
- Base notes: musk, Tonka, mineral amber.
3. Versace Eros
If you are looking for the manliest cologne of this brand, you’d have to purchase Eros by Versace. This cologne was inspired by Greek mythology, and is named after the son of goddess Aphrodite. The smell reveals unconstrained passion which heightens desire. Eros belongs to someone confident about whatever they do, and can gracefully accept failure if they have to. The perfumer had proclaimed that it comes with a blend of fresh, oriental and woody essences. This product is yet another summer wear, but you can carry it for all occasions – from work to romantic dates! You’d also like to know that Eros has been reviewed to have high longevity and heavy sillage. Sadly, it is not good enough for men who don’t like strong fragrances with fruity accords.
- Top notes: mint, green apple, lemon.
- Middle notes: Tonka bean, geranium, ambroxan.
- Base notes: Atlas cedar, Virginian cedar, vetiver, oakmoss, Madagascar vanilla.
4. Dreamer by VersaceDreamer by Versace is a cologne for the romantic souls. Painters, artists, writers and readers, would be more interested into indulging into an aroma which brings out their intellectual side. It starts off with a sweet touch and ends with warm woodiness. This can be carried for casual wear and is ideal for winters. If you are into a long relationship, and you want back your initial days of romance and intimacy, this could great for the starters! It has been reviewed to have a long lasting essence with high sillage. However, it could be soft and subtle for men who are fond of stronger essences.
- Top notes: clary sage, mandarin, lavender.
- Middle notes: rose, tobacco, geranium.
- Base notes: Tonka bean, cedar.
5. Blue Jeans By Gianni Versace For MenBlue Jeans by Versace is casual wear cologne, and is classified to be sharp, oriental and woody. It is perfect for someone who wants an all-in-one fragrance, to maintain his patency with one product. The blend of citrus and wood makes it slightly more masculine and adds to your personality. The middle notes are spicy and is followed by a warm dry-down. You can buy this for a daytime wear and is acceptable at all seasons. It goes above average in terms of longevity, but has moderate sillage. However, as you get a mixture of several essences in one perfume, it loses out the real feel of a specific genre of cologne.
- Top notes: bergamot, anise, basil, lemon, palisander tree.
- Middle notes: rose, lavender, geranium, sage, jasmine, heliotrope, lily.
- Base notes: musk, sandalwood, iris, patchouli, Tonka bean, vetiver, amber, vanilla.
6. Versace OUD NoirOud Noir Cologne by Versace is a good pick for your first impression. The fragrance reflects masculinity and makes it unforgettable for people who have a strong sense of smell. The impact of the woody notes come with a smoky feel, and is perfect from someone to wants to make the first impression! It comes with a spicy touch, which gives you what you crave for. There are no distinctive notes, and the product has a blend of oud, leather, woods, spices and oriental essences. If you want a perfume for parties and clubs, this could be a neat option. The aroma brings in the opulence of leather and earthiness of Agarwood. The oriental and woodsy notes build up the spice and make it last long. However, the product might be excessively strong for men who aren’t used to heavy sillage.
7. Versace L’Homme
This sharp and woody fragrance had become one of the classics products by Versace. It was introduced in 1986, and has a long heritage. The product can be kept handy for casual events or dinner. It is reviewed to last acceptably long. It leaves a moderately heavy sillage, and is perfect for pleasant temperatures, which take you through days of nostalgia and warmth. If you are an old-school or you like to stay back in time, this could be a product that complements your personality. However, Versace L’Homme is probably not perfect for the over enthusiastic and go-getters.
- Top notes: lemon, petite grain, pimento, basil.
- Middle notes: cinnamon, cedar, sandalwood, patchouli, rose.
- Base notes: leather, oakmoss, vanilla, labdanum, Tonka.
- Season: autumn to spring.