5 Best aluminum-free Deodorants
Aluminum is not found in normal deodorants, but it is found in deodorants that are combined with antiperspirants. Some Antiperspirants contain aluminum to reduce the amount of sweat produced by your skin to battle wetness and odor.
When you’re using a normal deodorant, you have nothing to worry about, but when that deodorant is sold as an antiperspirant deodorant (always check the packaging), there are some things that might be worth considering.
Is aluminum bad for your body?
- Aluminum It’s really bad for your brain. Research shows that it can cause toxic stress in the. brain. It is one of many metals that can cause serious neurological damage and the most frightening part is that it is associated with alzheimers.
- Aluminum is associated with liver diseases.
- Aluminum causes inflammation in the brain.
- Using Aluminum can increase the risk for the development of breast cancer
Can aluminum be absorbed through the skin?
When scientists talk about the dangers of aluminum, their main concern is the traces of aluminum found in food. When we unknowingly eat aluminum it can be absorbed into our bloodstreams and cause a lot of trouble.
Only very small amounts of aluminum get absorbed through the skin when applied and it is still unclear whether those small amounts can have the detrimental effects on your body stated above. At this point of uncertainty it would be better stay safe, rather than sorry.
What are the best deodorants that don’t contain aluminum?
- Genuine Authentic German Nivea Deodorant 0% Aluminum
This aluminum-free deodorant by Nivea offers 48 hours protection and is dermatologically proved to be compatible with all types of skin. It’s refreshing formula comes from it’s main natural ingredient, Bio-Florine.
- Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant (Fresh)
Arm & Hammer uses baking soda to soak up odors instead of aluminum.It is also free of parabens, colorants and any animal-derived ingredients. It uses essential oils to condition your skin naturally.
- Soft & Dri Aluminum-Free Sweet Bliss Deodorant
It targets the bacteria that cause odor directly without leaving any stains on your favorite clothes. Although highly in demand, this product is difficult to find and can mostly only be purchased online.
- Tom’s of Maine Natural Long Lasting Deodorant Stick
Tom’s uses no artificial fragrances, preservatives, animal testing and definitely no aluminum. They use odor fighting hops to provide 24 hour protection. They are also Halal and Kosher certified.
- Kiss My Face Active Life , Cucumber Green Tea
Kiss My Face uses absorbing ingredients that include rosemary, sage, witch hazel, thyme, green tea and hops to ensure all day odor protection. It’s free of harmful chemicals and has a humorous name. What’s not to like?