5 Best Antiperspirant Deodorants
Antiperspirants can either be bought as stand-alone products or as part of deodorants. While deodorants cover the smell of sweat and battle the bacteria in your armpits, antiperspirants go to the core of the problem. Antiperspirants will actually make you sweat less and a few different methods are used to accomplish that.
What methods to antiperspirants use to battle underarm sweating?
- Aluminum-based antiperspirants work by blocking the sweat ducts. This causes less sweat to reach the surface of the skin. Sweat is still produced, it just never leaves the skin.
- Baking soda and baking powder are often sometimes used as substitutes for aluminum in natural antiperspirants.
What’s the best way to use antiperspirants?
- Take a shower before you go to sleep at night and apply your antiperspirant of choice. Because you sweat less during the night it will give the antiperspirant a better chance to be absorbed by your skin.
- This has to be done every night for the first 10 nights. Thereafter it can be applied every 2nd
- If applied in this way, the antiperspirant will continue to work even after it has been washed of, because the active ingredient gets absorbed into the skin.
What are the best antiperspirants?
- Speed Stick Irish Spring Icy Blast
Speed Stick are the leaders in the just-out-of-the-shower smell department. Their classic time released formula will leave you feeling clean and refreshed all day long. It’s scent is amazingly masculine.
- Dove Men+Care Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick
With it’s magic ¼ moisturizer formula, this antiperspirant will protect your skin against irritation while keeping you dry and smelling great from shower to shower. It’s the dryest stick out there, so it will never leave your shirts wet or stained.
- Degree Men’s Dry Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant
This invisible antiperspirant will keep you dry 24 hours a day. It’s body odor and wetness protection qualities are activated by your body heat which makes it perfect for gym, sports and workout days.
- Suave Antiperspirant Deodorant Sweet Pea
Sauve’s invisible, long-lasting deodorant for women protects without leaving any messy residue and is recommended for every day use. The sweet, feminine scent of seat pea and violets will leave you feeling refreshed long after your morning shower.
- Nivea Calm and Care 48 Hr Antiperspirant Deodorant
Nivea offers the best possible combination of reliability and care with their Calm and care Antiperspirant deodorant. You don’t have to afraid to show your underarms any longer, because Calm and Care support post-shave skin regeneration with hammamelis and Pro vitamin B5.